MINIX NEO A2 Video Review
2.4GHz Wireless Air Mouse / Keyboard
- The MINIX NEO A2 is an all--in-one air-mouse / keyboard, that offers everything for an amazing user experience. Such as awesome audio-features, spacious keyboard, gyroscope gaming support and accurate air mouse functionality.
Gyroscope Gaming Support
By using the latest 3D + gyro technology, the MINIX NEO A2 is fully equipped with gyroscope gaming support which will allow you to use the MINIX NEO A2 for example for playing simple motion controlled games.
Superior Completeness & Accuracy
- The MINX NEO A2 offers enormous freedom and mobility, a 360 degrees accurate function and superior control for the user. The dual keyboard is especially designed for efficient typing, chatting on Facebook or sending e-mails.
Microphone + Speaker
The MINIX NEO A2 also has a built-in microphone and speaker, which is perfect for Skype calling or other popular VoIP applications.
* Key functions
- LED indicators - The control display has 3 LED indicators; the first indicates power on/off, the second detects if audio is available, and the third indicates if the audio function is active.
- SPEAKER - on top, there is a small opening for the speaker.
- POWER BUTTON - You can use this button to turn the devices from the MINIX NEO series on or off.
- MUTE - This silences the sound.
- RECEPT APPS - Shows the list of recently used apps on the system.
- ANDROID MENU - Shows the application menu.
- HOME - Brings you back to the homepage of your Android device.
- BUTTON CONTROL - In the middle, there is a D-pad and the central Android button mouse functions as left-click / OK button.
- BACK - Android back button.
- ENTER - button keyboard intro.
- FUNCTION - Use this button to activate the gyro mode and air mouse.
- MAIN MENU - Between both volume buttons, you will find the main menu button, which works with certain application menus.
- VOLUME -/+ to increase/lower the volume.
- PLAY BUTTONS - Rewind, pause, and fast forward during playing the content on the Android device
- MICROPHONE - At the bottom, there is a small opening for the microphone.
To activate the special functions, you must press the FN-key and another button at the same time:
FN - Function key, to activate the controls and orange marks.
FN + ">" - Turns audio on.
FN + "ENTER" - command changes the orientation, vertical or horizontal, important for gaming.
FN + "P" - synchronise again command.
FN + "Y" - Re-position of the function gyroscope.
FN + "arrows up / down" - Scroll up and down while reading pages.
*Audio display instructions
If the USB-receiver is connected to your Android device, the audiooutput is automatically put through to the MINIX NEO A2. If you require a different setup, you should do the following:
- Go to "Settings" -> "Sound" -> "Sound Devices Manager"
- Select your preference in the list with 'Sound Input Devices' and 'Sound Output Devices'.
GadgetGear has awarded the MINIX NEO A2 with GOLD.
Read the review here.
*Important: not suitable for the MINIX Z64 series
MINIX NEO A2 overview download here.